We’re smiling from ear to ear today at amaysim HQ after being named Australia’s best Virtual Network Operator at the inaugural Edison Awards!
The Edison Awards, run by the team at Communications Day, were launched this year to recognise and reward the best-of-breed businesses, organisations and individuals in the Aussie telco industry.
To win the top gong is a huge accomplishment for the amaysim group, and proof that we’re delivering on the promise we made to Aussies when we first entered the telco market just six years ago – to offer great value mobile plans without lock-in contracts, and all wrapped up in a brilliant online experience.
Here are just some of the highlights of the past year that made this win possible.
amaysim and Vaya kicking goals together
2016 kicked off with a new addition to the amaysim family. Vaya, an online-only mobile service provider, joined the amaysim group, ready to turn the industry on its head with some of the cheapest mobile and data plans in Australia as well as their price beat guarantee #glovesoff.
Since then, amaysim and Vaya have worked together to give over one million Aussies even more choice when it comes to picking great value, no lock-in contract mobile and data plans, and it hasn’t gone unnoticed:
- Both amaysim and Vaya won Gold awards in Money Magazine’s annual 2017 Best of the Best Awards – amaysim for its As You Go plan, and Vaya for their Unlimited M mobile plan.
- amaysim’s Help platform was named the Best Telco Customer Innovation at the inaugural finder Innovation Awards in 2016.
- Vaya was also named a finalist in the same category for its Price Beat Guarantee.
- amaysim won the 2016 Canstar Blue Customer Satisfaction Award for their UNLIMITED one-decision mobile plans.
Recognised for our customer service efforts
Our commitment to offering great customer service keeps getting its fair share of recognition:
- amaysim was named Australia’s friendliest company for customer service by the Customer Service Institute of Australia
- We also continue to lead the pack with the Telecommunications Complaints in Context report (October-December) announcing that amaysim had the lowest complaints ratings in the telco industry with 1.1 TIO complaints per 10 000 customers (compared to ratings as high as 19.3 complaints for some of our competitors).
- And since Vaya joined the amaysim family, their TIO complaints have decreased by 89% year on year (January-September 2016 compared to the same period in 2015).
amaysim nbn™ is just around the corner
In July 2016 AusBBS, an Aussie internet service provider, also joined the amaysim family to help us launch our very own amazingly simple NBN plans.
There’s not long to go until we launch our NBN plans, and we can’t wait to show you what we’ve got planned.
Needless to say it's been an epic six years for all of us here at amaysim HQ, and the industry recognition means a lot to all of us. Here's to even more big wins in the future!