Why has my number transfer failed?
If your number transfer has failed, it's because we weren’t able to match the account details you’ve provided to those held by your current provider, for example:
- You’ve provided us with an incorrect billing type for your existing plan; If you pay for your plan upfront, you're probably Prepaid, if however you pay a month to month bill, you're probably on a Postpaid plan
- If you’re Postpaid (month to month), another reason for the transfer failing is because the account number you’ve provided to us may be incorrect. You can check your latest bill for your correct account number
- If you’re on a Prepaid plan, the Date of Birth you’ve given us may be incorrect. Please make sure you are the authorised account holder and you've provided us with the correct date of birth.
- The mobile number you’re transferring may of been cancelled, or you may have accidentally given us the wrong mobile number
We can only transfer your number if your service is active, so don't cancel your service until the transfer is complete. If you've already cancelled your number, please contact your previous provider to have the number reactivated. You'll then be able to re-start the transfer by following the steps below.
How can I re-start my transfer?
To re-start your transfer and activate your amaysim SIM, simply:
- Log in to My amaysim with your amaysim number and password;
- Click Your number transfer has failed
- You’ll find the detail(s) that need to be updated highlighted in red.
- Update the required details and click Submit
- You'll then need to click Confirm to re-submit the transfer request
If the reason your transfer has failed is not listed above, please get in touch so we can lend a hand to complete your transfer.