We’re focused on the safety and wellbeing of our customers and people following the impact of Cyclone Kirrily.
The Optus network team is working closely with emergency services to access Optus mobile tower sites and restore services once it’s safe to do so.
If you’re in an impacted area, you may be experiencing disruptions to your amaysim service, including calls, text, and internet access. You can continue to check your network status here.
If your mobile or internet connection are lost and you need current information about the weather event, we recommend you use TV, radio, or contact emergency services personnel located in your area.
Experiencing network issues? Try these troubleshooting tips.
Tips for staying in touch in an emergency
- Simple, but most important – make sure your phone is fully charged.
- Conserve battery power where necessary by closing all unnecessary apps in the background and placing your phone in power saving mode.
- Charge any mobile battery packs for extra back-up charge.
- Back-up your data in the cloud so you don’t lose important personal photos and data.
- Have your emergency phone numbers saved in your phone or written down.
- Make sure you connect with a family member or friend outside of the impacted area before a weather event hits, including letting them know what your plans are, and your exact location.
Getting in touch
Contact us via the amaysim app or at amaysim contact.