In just under six short years, we’re stoked to say that we’ve hit a seven-figure milestone of one million customers across the amaysim group!
Reaching one million customers is the best early birthday present we could have imagined. To know that we’re backed by one million happy Aussies is a massive win for the whole amaysim crew, and proof to us that our commitment to offering truly hassle-free and great value mobile plans is paying off.
In case you didn’t know, back in January 2016 we bought Vaya, another mobile service provider in Australia. Since then both amaysim and Vaya have worked together as part of the amaysim group to give one million Aussies more choice when it comes to picking a mobile plan.
So to remind you how cool (and impressive) the one million landmark is we thought we’d share some of our favourite facts about our new favourite number.
1. It's two times the population of Tasmania – that’s right, with a population of only 515,000 our amaysim army could just about populate the Apple Isle twice over.
2. The number of times a bloodhound’s sense of smell is stronger than ours.
3. The amount of money one mystery man left stuffed in a suitcase in a pizza restaurant in Sydney in 2011.
4. The number of air miles a baby was gifted from Filipino airline Cebu Pacific after being born on one of their flights this August. The miles, which don’t expire, will allow the newborn to travel around the earth 40 times if they want to!
5. In pounds, it’s the weight a single cloud can get up to!
6. The number of cats you can cyberstalk on this weird website.
7. The amount you’d make in dollars if you started with $0.01 and doubled your money every day for 28 days (getting to millionaire status never sounded so easy – that is, until you crunch the numbers…)
8. The world record-breaking number of bees that covered 55-year old Chinese bee-keeper Gao Bingguo. Surprisingly he only got stung 2000 times.
10. The number of living legends that made the awesome decision to join the amaysim family.
Thank you again to all customers in the amaysim group for their support over the past six years and for just generally being so amaysim – we couldn’t have done it without you!
And for those of you who are yet to join – the crew at amaysim HQ and one million other happy Aussies are waiting.