What can impact my speed?
The speeds you’re able to obtain depends on a number of different variables and just like achieving the maximum speed limit on a motorway, you may not always achieve the maximum speed of your plan at all times.
The obtainable speeds of your plan can be impacted by a range of factors, some of which are controlled by amaysim and our network partners, others however are solely controlled by the end user. Your speed will also depend on your selected plan.
For factors that are in the control of amaysim, our policy is to use only high quality network partners and where possible, set our own network levels to a standard that will allow customers to experience speeds as close as possible to the maximum speed of their selected plan.
The following factors can impact the data transfer rates achieved by individual end users, but are generally deemed to be outside of amaysim’s control:
- The number of individual end-users at a residence connected to the internet
- The end-user’s hardware
- Software and software configuration
- The type of content being downloaded by the end-user
- The source of the content being downloaded (including any content server limitations)
- Streaming or uploading high volume content, putting pressure on the bandwidth
- Presence of malware or viruses corrupting files and using memory needed for internet function