What are dropouts?
Dropouts are when your internet connection loses complete connectivity (usually for a short period of time) and then automatically reconnects. They can occur randomly throughout the day, or in some cases will only occur at a certain time each day.
If you’re experiencing dropouts with your amaysim service, there are a number of steps you'll need you follow so we can to remedy the issues moving forward.
- Firstly, check the cables of your modem are plugged in securely and restart your modem by powering the device off and back on again (please wait at least one minute before turning it back on)
- To rule out high level data congestion, we also recommend reducing the number of connected devices on your home network
Once the above has been followed, monitor your connection for at least 24 hours to see if the dropouts continue (If they do, you’ll need to continue with the below troubleshooting steps).
If you have a connection box installed in your home,
- Connect your computer directly to the active UNI-D (or data) port on your connection box using an ethernet cable (This will be the same port being used to connect your modem to the connection box)
- Once you've directly connected your computer to the connection box, leave it connected for at least 24 hours and take note of any dropouts that occur
- If the dropouts cease when connected directly to the connection box, it may indicate that the modem you're using is causing issues and potentially faulty and if this is the case, please contact us so we can assist you with further troubleshooting
If you don’t have a connection box installed in your home
- Connect your computer directly to your modem using an ethernet cable, this is to rule out the possibility of any wireless network issues
- Leave your computer connected to the modem for at least 24 hours and take note of any dropouts that occur. If there are no drop outs, it may be a case of general Wi-Fi connectivity issues being the cause of your recent service disruptions, rather than your connection dropping out on the network
Either way, if the dropouts continue after these steps have been followed, please contact us so we can assist you with further troubleshooting.