If your battery is running low and needs to be replaced, the alarm in your Power Supply Unit will beep and as the battery continues to gets lower, the beeping will become more frequent.
What type of battery will I need?
The battery required for your device must be identical to the current battery in use and you'll need to purchase a 12V/7Ah (or 7.2Ah) AGM sealed lead acid battery (6 Cells) that has a 5+ year design life. Typical battery dimensions are 94 x 151 x 65mm.
These can be purchased from most specialist battery retailers.
Once you’ve purchased the new battery, below are the steps to remove and install your new battery.
Remove the battery
- Turn off at the power point and disconnect the power supply from the mains power
- Open the front cover of the Power Supply with Battery Backup
- Disconnect the red ‘+’ plug from the battery
- Push the tabs holding the battery, one above and one below, outward and then lift the battery out
- Disconnect the black ‘–’ plug and remove battery
Install the new battery
- Reconnect the black ‘–’ plug to the new battery
- Push the battery retaining tabs outward and insert the battery into the Power Supply with Battery Backup
- Reconnect the red ‘+’ plug to the new battery
- Make sure the wires are not being pinched by the battery or front cover
- Close the front cover and plug the power supply back into the power point and turn the power on
- The new battery will take 24 hours to completely charge. Please retain the old battery as a precaution during this time unless its charge was completely exhausted
- Please note, your broadband and/or phone service delivered over the nbn™ network will be unavailable while the battery is being replaced and for up to 10 minutes afterwards
For further information on how to replace your batteries, check out the battery replacement video supplied by the nbn.