From 13 March 2017, our updated suite of data-only plans will come with different data options and expiry periods.
We’re always looking for ways to bring our customers great value data plans that don’t break the bank, so that’s why from 13 March 2017 our updated suite of data-only plans will include:
- 1GB at $10/28 days (previously 1GB for $9.90/30 days)
- 2GB at $15/28 days (previously 2.5GB for $19.90/30 days)
- 6GB at $35/28 days (previously 4GB for $29.90/30 days)
As part of the changes, our 10GB data plan which lasts for 365 days will no longer be available.
Some of these changes might not be for everyone, but we’re pretty confident that you’ll be able to find something in our updated range of plans that suits your data appetite and your budget. And remember, you’re always free to switch amaysim plans if you find your data habits or budget change – simply log in to My amaysim and choose the data plan that fits your needs and your wallet.
A simpler way to top up on data
We’re also changing the way you can add more data to your amaysim UNLIMITED or data plan if you’re running low.
If you’re Prepaid you’ll now be able to grab an extra 1GB for $10 at any time during the life of your plan (instead of when you’ve used 85% of your plan’s included data). Any extra 1GB of data you grab will be added to your plan’s pool of data and will expire at the same time as your amaysim UNLIMITED or data plan rather than 30 days after the extra data was added.
And instead of having to pay 15.4c per MB (that works out to $150.40 for a gig!) in excess data charges if you’re Postpaid, we’ll automatically add 1GB for $10 when you’ve used up your plan’s data. That data will expire when your UNLIMITED or data plan is set to renew.
These new ways of getting extra data will happen on your first renewal from 13 March 2017.
Tips for making the most out of your data allowance
Regardless of what plan you’re on, you should always look for ways to stay in control of your data usage while doing what you love online.
Here are some simple tips and tricks:
- Keep regular tabs on your data usage so you know that you’re using it on things you love. Use the free amaysim app for iOS or Android devices, log in to My amaysim or simply text ‘BAL’ to 568 to find out your current balance (keeping in mind that there’s a slight delay between your usage and what your balance will read as)
- Only download or update apps using Wi-Fi – check out the steps to set this up if you’ve got an Apple or Android mobile device
- In fact, use Wi-Fi wherever you can to take the strain off your mobile data – from home and the office to shopping centres and restaurants, keep your phone or tablet’s Wi-Fi settings turned ON so it can connect to Wi-Fi whenever there’s a reliable connection available
- Close apps completely when you’re done using them so they don’t keep using data in the background
- Stop videos from auto-playing on Facebook. Videos can actually use up a good chunk of your mobile data, so try to watch them only when you’re connected to Wi-Fi (especially if they’re in HD).
Have any questions?
You can always find the answers to your questions 24/7 in our Help section, or drop your question in the comments section below and I’ll sort you out with an answer.